I’m working on a list of proposed policies with majority support that a national organization could promote.
The current list reads as follows. Please suggest additions, with references to documentation.
- Limit the amount of money individuals can contribute to political campaigns.
- Reduce “corporate welfare” such as government aid to help other countries buy U.S.-made weapons.
- Break up the big banks.
- Provide free education at public colleges.
- Make corporations and wealthy people pay what’s fair in federal taxes.
- A Medicare-for-all insurance option.
- Reduce military spending by at least $12 billion — especially money for weapons the military doesn’t want.
- Reduce jail and prison populations and invest more in crime prevention and drug treatment.
- A federal jobs program that would spend government money to create more than one million new jobs.