The following is a possible format for a series of public forums that could enable richer interaction than is usually the case with such events. Feedback is welcome.
A Community Dialogue
and Problem-solving Conversation
- Opening statement by guest speaker – 15 minutes
- Discussion with audience – 30 minutes
- Guest speaker poses a question to the audience: a real, non-rhetorical question for which the speaker is seeking an answer or answers
- Audience breaks down into small groups (4-5 people) that try to agree on written answers – 15 minutes
- Breakout group reports and closing discussion – 30 minutes.